Come and learn about innovative urban agriculture projects that won mini-grants from the City of Raleigh’s Environmental Advisory Board and how to apply for your own grant. Take a tour of the beautiful and historic Mordecai Gardens. Hear from Steve Cohen, the Manager of Food Policy and Programs City of Portland Bureau of Planning and Sustainability, talk about his city’s exciting urban agriculture programs. Several urban agriculture demonstration booths will be hosted by the Second Saturday project of the Raleigh Food Corridor.
This is a free event, but seating is limited. Please sign up to reserve a seat for any of these activities.
This event is sponsored by the City of Oaks Foundation, and donations to support the event are accepted. Sponsorship opportunities are also available.
Schedule of Events
- 9:45am – 10:00am Demonstration Booths Open & On-site Registration
- 10:00am – 10:45am Urban Agriculture Mini Grant Information Sessions
- 10:45am – 11:15am Historic Mordecai Garden Tour
- 11:15am – 12:05pm Steve Cohen, Portland’s Innovations in Urban Agriculture
- 12:05pm- 12:30pm Networking and Demonstration Booths Closing
SIGN UP FOR TICKETS HERE! : https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2016-raleigh-urban-agriculture-day-tickets-27553608585